Varsity Field Hockey
Tryout Dates/Times: Monday, Feb 15th – Friday, Feb 19th from 3:30-5:30pm on the Field Hockey Field (a.k.a the practice field)
- Each athlete will have a minimum 3-day tryout.
- Teams will be determined by Friday, Feb 19th.
Practice Times: Monday-Friday, 3:30-5:30pm with the exception of game days.
Game Schedule: Game schedules can be found on wearecville.com – I have placed the hyperlinks below for your convenience. Each player will be allowed only 2 spectators to attend games, all spectators must wear a mask (at all times).
*Notice there is a Saturday game scheduled for Saturday, March 20th
- Shin guards: hard shell or soft shell shin guards are required (this is up to the player’s comfort)
- Mouthguard: Players will need 3-4 mouthguards with them during practices/games (extras must be kept in a Ziploc baggie). Mouthguards must be molded.
- Face Masks: Players will need to wear masks at all times (no gaiter masks are allowed)
- Water bottles: All players must bring their own water bottles for practices and games (minimum of 32 ounces). Due to COVID regulations, no water jugs will be provided at the fields (a.k.a no refills for water are provided)
- Field Hockey stick: All players must bring their own field hockey stick.
- Suggestion: Look into getting gloves (field hockey padded gloves, not cotton) – the weather will be cold, and you will feel the vibrations through the stick when you hit the ball, not a great feeling…
- Suggestion: Thermals/Long sleeves WILL NOT be provided to the athletes for games. If you plan to wear thermals or long sleeves under your uniform during the game you will need one color for each uniform (white for home games and black for away games). Again, it will be a cold season, I would highly suggest looking into shirts to wear under your uniform.
General Information: All paperwork (rschool registration, physical, etc.) must be completed and turned in BEFORE THE DAY OF TRYOUTS. Athletes will not be able to participate until THE DAY AFTER their paperwork is submitted. Do not wait to turn in paperwork on Monday, Feb. 15th – you will miss the first day of tryouts.
Players will need to have all of the following to participate:
(1) VHSL Physical
(2) Register with “rschooltoday”
- All student-athletes must register with the “rschooltoday”link below:
- If you are having trouble, here is the link instructions to help:
(3) Complete the Concussion Education with their guardian (this is done during the rschool today registration)
(4) Have accident insurance (personal or through the school)
(5) Complete participation policy