Varsity Competitive Cheer
Evaluations are scheduled to begin on Monday, 3 Aug 20.
The following forms are required to be turned in BEFORE evaluations! Forms can be found under Team Files:
- VHSL Physical (dated after 1 May 20, and signed by parents, athlete, and physician)
- Emergency Care Card
- CVHS Cheer Application
- Concussion Training - Verification Form (must be signed by athlete and one parent)
Please turn in ALL forms to the CVHS Cheer Head Coach prior to the start of evaluations on Monday, 3 Aug 20.
Attendance at all three days of CVHS Cheer Evaluations is mandatory for all athletes. If placed onto the JV Cheer Team, athletes are required to attend all practices and games. If placed onto the Varsity Cheer Team, athletes are required to attend camp, choreography, practices, and games. There will be practice most, if not all days, in the month of August. A tentative schedule for August 2020, can be located under Team Files.
Evaluation Week Schedule:
- Monday, 3 Aug 20: Evaluation Day 1 / CVHS Cafeteria / 5 pm to 8 pm
- Tuesday, 4 Aug 20: Evaluation Day 2 / CVHS Cafeteria / 5 pm to 8 pm
- Wednesday, 5 Aug 20: Final Evaluations / CVHS Cafeteria / 10 am until finished
- Thursday, 6 Aug 20: Mandatory Parent/Athlete Meeting / CVHS Auditorium / 7 pm to 9 pm
- Note: CVHS Cheer payments are due at this meeting.
Athletes are expected to have a neat and polished appearance each day of evaluations!
- Evaluation Day 1: White t-shirt or tank top, black shorts, no show white ankle socks, and cheer tennis shoes
- Evaluation Day 2: Black t-shirt or tank top, black shorts, no show white ankle socks, and cheer tennis shoes
- Final Evaluations: White t-shirt or tank top, black shorts, no show white ankle socks, and cheer tennis shoes
- Hair must be pulled back clean/tight with no hair hanging in the face. A cheer bow, scrunchie, or ribbon may be worn.
- No acrylic fingernails or nail polish is allowed.
- ALL jewelry must be removed.
- Assigned number must be worn on the final day of evaluations.
Concussion Education training MUST be completed by every athlete and one parent before the start of CVHS Cheer Evaluations scheduled to begin on Monday, 3 Aug 20. Concussion Education training is in PAPER format and can be found under Team Files.
- Review the Concussion Training presentation.
- Fill out the Signature Page - Concussion Training Verification form.
- Give the signed Signature Page - Concussion Training Verification form to the CVHS Cheer Head Coach. The form may be scanned and emailed to the CVHS Cheer Head Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District Semi Finals: Wednesday, 7 Oct 20 / Westfield High School / 6 pm
- District Finals: Monday, 12 Oct 20 / Westfield High School / 6 pm
- Regionals: Tuesday, 27 Oct 20 / Wakefield High School / 6 pm